Russia and CIS
Russia and CIS
Our clients and their requirements are as diverse as the world in which we live. Russia is the 11th largest economy in the world and a linchpin to the global economy. TA Advisory’s attorneys have a long-lasting experience with representing Russian and CIS clients, since 2003, in particular in respect to the cross-border disputes, commercial and corporate matters. We support clients by offering tailored strategies, specifically curated to their individual needs in the region and internationally.
TA Advisory’s attorneys have built a strong reputation in Russia and CIS. We specialize in dispute resolution, asset tracing & recovery, white collar crime, bankruptcy, and transactional and corporate matters among others. Since its establishment, TA Advisory has successfully represented our clients in the region in cross-jurisdiction disputes, white collar crime, and enforcement actions combined with anti-fraud actions. Our clients range from international banks to the investment funds and high-net worth individuals in the CIS region.
Our team consists of highly qualified multilingual specialists speaking Russian, English, Serbian, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Italian and German. This enables us to better understand our clients’ and their opponents’ mentalities leading to better representation of our clients globally.
Our international exposure combined with our extensive knowledge allows us to operate in a variety of areas, whether we are assisting in acquisitions or arguing politically motivated criminal cases. TA Advisory assists CIS clients with a tailormade and hands-on approach, meeting their specific needs.
Some of our Russian and CIS past experience includes the following:
- Represented a CIS client in respect to an LCIA arbitration and a number of other criminal and civil ramifications pertaining to the sale of one of the largest CIS agricultural companies
- Represented a Russian real estate developer in a cross-jurisdiction dispute and fraud matter against a former business partner
- Represents a CIS party in an enforcement action combined with the various anti-fraud actions as a response to a criminal wrongdoing of former business partners
- Represented a CIS businessman in a politically motivated criminal case initiated against him by the Ukrainian government which led to freezing of the client’s assets in excess of USD 30 million in Switzerland
- Advising a major Russian investor on various investment projects in Montenegro via Swiss corporate holding and Dubai financing structures; providing corporate and legal services in connection with corporate, litigation and financial matters; representing client before Swiss judicial and local tax authorities.
- Representing a major Russian technology company before the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) in sanctions related matters (i.e. dual-use trade controls)