Oliver’s practice focuses on complex cross-border litigation, asset tracing & recovery, banking & AML, white collar crime and investigations, including case management and coordination, anti-fraud and anti-corporate raiding strategies.
His industry focus includes banking & finance, government relations and public affairs, energy, mining, telecom, real estate, and aviation. Oliver also acted as electoral campaign and policy advisor.
Oliver has acted in numerous proceedings in Switzerland and abroad, whether as counsel to the plaintiffs or respondents.
Prior to founding TA Advisory, Oliver practiced for international law firms in Washington DC, Geneva, and Moscow.
He is a native Serbian speaker and is fluent in English, French, Russian and Portuguese.
- Cross-border litigation
- Asset tracing & recovery
- Investigations, white collar crime, and fraud
- Banking & AML
- Banking & Finance
- Government Relations & Public Affairs
- Real Estate
- Russia and CIS
- Western Europe
- LL.M., Boston University Law School
- LL.B., University of Geneva Law School
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Acting for a large Russian bank in respect to the enforcement of a share pledge pertaining to an over USD 1 bio. claim
- Acting for a global energy company in respect to the major pipeline project
- Acting for a large Russian bank in respect to debt enforcement, asset tracing & recovery and anti-fraud matters
- Represented a large Russian metals company in respect to a Swiss arbitration matter
- Acting for a client in respect to an LCIA arbitration matter pertaining to the divestment of the client’s agriculture assets
- Acting for a Swiss oil trader in a variety of matters
- Acting for a large Russian bank in Switzerland in respect to the asset tracing and enforcement of a claim worth over USD 300 mio.
- Acting for an international inter-governmental organization based in Geneva in respect to the internal audit, fraud and embezzlement investigation and criminal matters against former top appointees of the organization
- Acting for a Russian investor in respect to an asset tracing and recovery matter against former business partners
- Acting for a group of Russian investors in connection with an anti-raiders action in Russia and its international ramifications
- Advisor to a Presidential candidate of an African country, in charge of the election campaign and foreign investments
- Acting for a South-African billionaire in respect to a corporate dispute with a Russian investor
- Acting for a Ukrainian investors in an asset recovery matter regarding the fraudulent actions of the local partner in Nigeria which resulted in a loss of over USD 100 mio.; represents the same client in respect to recovery of approx. USD 50 mio. of losses caused by a corporate raider in Ukraine
- Represented a Russian real estate developer in a cross-jurisdiction dispute and fraud matter against a former business partner
- Acting to a Government of a Pacific country in charge of drafting the new medical cannabis legislation
- Representation of one of the largest Russian metal companies in respect to the recovery of damages in excess of EUR 50 mio. caused by the fraudulent bankruptcy of Snoras Bank
- Representation of a Russian investor regarding the acquisition of a Russian power distribution group with 8 million customers and approx. 15% of the Russian market
- Representation a Christian Orthodox Charity Fund
- Representation of an investment fund in respect to a USD 300 mio. telecom acquisition in Angola
- Represents a Russian oligarch in a wide range of family office and commercial matters
- Represents international clients in respect to the acquisition of commercial real estate in Switzerland
- Represented a consortium of investors in respect to the potential acquisition of an oil-refinery in the Balkans
- Represented a CIS businessman in a politically motivated criminal case initiated against him by the Ukrainian government which led to freezing of the client’s assets in excess of USD 50 mio. in Switzerland
- Representation of interests of a major diamond company in connection with an alleged USD 50 mio. diamond fraud in South Africa