Africa is one of the fastest growing emerging markets in the world. The vast natural resources have been the driving force of the economic development of the continent for decades. However, more recently, the internal consumption and technological advances have driven an increasing appetite for imported goods and services, creating new commercial opportunities. One of the key determinants for success in the African emerging markets is having access to the right relationships.
TA Advisory offers a range of legal services in Africa and advises on: infrastructure and energy projects, telecommunication and project financing, cross-border litigation, and asset recovery matters for local and international investors.
Our clients often require substantial and experienced presence on the ground. Across the continent, our attorneys have advised on major matters, from some of the largest telecom and mining acquisitions, to election campaigns and cross-border litigation.
Our know-how and cultural understanding also allow us to handle matters in English, French, German, Arabic, Portuguese and Russian.
Our Africa-related past experience includes the following:
- Advised a major global telecom operator in respect to the acquisition of the subsidiaries of one of the largest African telecom companies in the French-speaking African countries
- Advised a UK investment fund in respect to a USD 300 million investment in Angola
- Representation of a CIS investor in a cross-border litigation with respect to the fraudulent activity of a former local partner in Nigeria leading to the loss of USD 50 million
- Represented a UK investment fund in respect to a mining acquisition in the DRC
- Advisor to a Presidential candidate of a Southern African country
- Represented a South African billionaire in a dispute with a former Russian partner over the acquisition of a metals production plant in South Africa
- Represented a Ukrainian client in respect to fraudulent activities of his former advisors in the Seychelles