Against the backdrop of recent international developments, particularly those related to Ukraine and Russia, complex economic sanctions and new rules governing relations with sanctioned countries and their citizens continue to evolve. Asset freezes, commercial bans, airspace closures, and individuals falling under personal sanctions are all changing rapidly in response to foreign policy developments.
In this regard, the TA Advisory SA team advises private and corporate clients from various industries on how to conduct global business in compliance with export controls, economic sanctions and national security restrictions, helping clients complying with the sanctions imposed from 2014 to 2022 by various jurisdictions worldwide, particularly European countries and Switzerland and affecting their interests in any industry, including commercial and investment banking and import/export activities and tourism.
- Assistance in direct export, investment and financial transactions, overseas property acquisitions, foreign employment, third-party distribution relationships, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, licensing agreements and parent-subsidiary relationships
- Representing in court following unlawful termination of contracts with third countries on the grounds of imposed sanctions
- Providing advice on the jurisdictional scope of sanctions regulations, the meaning of key regulatory terms and the use of regulatory exemptions to achieve legitimate business or marketing objectives
- Internal investigations, analyzing sanctioned contracts
- Working with regulatory authorities, particularly assisting with applications and requests for clarifications from the sanctions authorities of various jurisdictions as well as representing clients before authorities including the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and the Swiss Federal Office of Justice in various investigations into apparent export control violations, asset freezes or general sanctions
- Furthermore, our team offers various services for the relocation of companies and employees, the transfer of assets of various sanctioned assets as well as obtaining residence permits, in particular in Vanuatu, in Serbia and in Dubai