Michael is primarily active in civil and criminal litigation, white collar crime, investigations, sanctions, anti-money laundering, and debt enforcement.
His industry focus varies from banking and finance, criminal matters, compliance, to general contract and labor law.
Michael has acted in various proceedings in Switzerland as counsel to the plaintiffs or respondents.
Prior to joining TA Advisory, Michael practiced in various Swiss law firms based in Zurich and in the legal department of a Big 4 company.
Michael completed his legal education at the University of Zurich (Bachelor of Law and Master of Law, magna cum laude). He is also an active member of the Anti-Financial Crime organization ACAMS with several certifications.
He is a native German speaker, fluent in English, and has some basic knowledge of French and Spanish.
- Civil and criminal litigation
- Investigations, white collar crime, and fraud
- Anti-money laundering
- Debt Enforcement and Bankruptcy
- Banking and Finance
- Criminal Matters
- General contract and labor law
- Master of Law, University of Zurich
- Bachelor of Law, University of Zurich
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Acting as team lead in an internal investigation regarding Anti-Money laundering for a major Swiss bank;
- Representing foreign governmental authorities and UHNWI in mutual administration assistance cases in Switzerland;
- Representing a major car dealership in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acting for an automobile company in various corporate matters;
- Acting as FINMA audit agent regarding Anti-Money laundering at a Swiss asset manager;
- Representing foreign investors regarding corporate set-up in Switzerland;
- Acting in an internal investigation regarding FATCA for a Swiss Insurance company;
- Representing a client regarding unsealing of seized documents in a criminal procedure;
- Representing corporate clients in criminal cases regarding fraud of former employees