Ekaterine is primarily active in litigation, particularly with regard to contract law, maritime law (marine insurance, law of the sea, and international commercial law), lease and construction law, immigration law, labor law, sanctions, and debt enforcement and bankruptcy law.
Her industry focus includes maritime shipping and transport, lease and construction, banking and finance, as well as private clients counsel.
Ekaterine has acted in numerous proceedings in Switzerland and abroad, whether as counsel to the claimants or respondents.
Prior to joining TA Advisory, Ekaterine practiced in various Swiss law firms based in Geneva as well as an independent counsel.
Ekaterine completed her legal education at the University of Geneva (Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws magna cum laude) and in the University of Nottingham, UK (LL.M. Maritime Law). She also holds a Certificate in Transnational Law and a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Profession (Geneva School of Lawyers ECAV).
She is a native Russian and French speaker, fluent in English, and has some basic knowledge of German.
Currently, she is also an assessor judge in the Chamber of Surveillance of the Prosecution office (Court of Justice).
- Litigation and Procedural Law
- Contract Law
- Maritime Law
- Tenancy Law
- Immigration Law
- Labor Law
- Debt Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law
- Maritime shipping and Transport
- Lease and Construction
- Banking and Finance
- Residence permits and naturalizations
- Private client services
- Russia and CIS
- Northeastern Asia
- LL.M. Maritime Law, University of Nottingham
- Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Professions, University of Geneva
- Certificate in Transnational Law, University of Geneva
- Master of Law, University of Geneva
- Bachelor of Law, University of Geneva
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Acting for a large Russian bank in respect to the asset tracing and enforcement of a claim worth over USD 25 mio.
- Acting for an international inter-governmental organization based in Geneva in respect to the internal audit, fraud and embezzlement investigation and criminal matters against former top appointees of the organization
- Giving comprehensive advice to Russian companies on their activities in the context of Swiss and EU sanctions
- Preparing recommendations for Russian companies operating abroad on issues regarding compliance with sanctions
- Preparing a dispute resolution strategy on issues related to Swiss sanctions
- Representation of a Russian businessman in a complex matter involving extradition and political charges
- Representation of a trading company in respect to a Swiss arbitration matter regarding the delivery of steel
- Representation of a Russian client before the Swiss authorities regarding the issuance of a work permit
- Representation of a client before Geneva courts in his sublease dispute involving a transfer of clientele
- Representation of clients in criminal proceedings in connection with personal injuries and and damage to property
- Representation of five Russian oligarchs and their numerous companies, including off-shore companies, in a wide range of private and commercial matters, as well as in matters relating to commercial and financial sanctions imposed on Russia in 2022
- Representation of one of Russia’s largest agricultural companies in matters relating to commercial and financial sanctions imposed on Russia in 2022
- Representation of a Russian athlete in Swiss arbitration matters as well as in matters relating to financial sanctions imposed on Russia in 2022
- Representation of a CIS oligarch and a State-run corporate enterprise in connection with an alleged debt of CHF 46 million involving a European bank
- Advising a foreign Client on shipowner’s liability for damage caused to the infrastructure of a seaport
- Acting out of court for a cargo owner against a shipowner who illegally withheld the cargo in one of Russian seaports due to the third-party consignor’s failure to pay the freight bill
- Advising on issues related to the conclusion of contracts for the delivery and transportation of petroleum products
- ADR (alternative dispute resolution) and mediation in complex civil cases
- Representation of clients in family law proceedings, in particular divorces, modification of divorce judgments and child support, including cases with international ramifications
- Asset tracing and proceedings on behalf of a Swiss creditor against foreign debtor with assets in Switzerland
- Representation of dealers and distributors in disputes with manufacturers and suppliers and vice versa
- Representation of multiple employers in connection with wrongful termination, wages disputes, harassment claims
- Representation of Swiss clients and counseling of foreign clients in connection with registration and maintenance of trademarks, including IP transactions and disputes (US, Asia and Europe)
- Representation of clients in civil proceedings involving breaches of lease agreements, lease termination and eviction
- Representation of clients before the Migration Office and obtaining of residence and working permits, as well as assistance in naturalization proceedings
- Counseling of a CIS client in relation with inheritance law matters and retrieval of funds from a US fund
- Advising companies and private individuals on import and export of food items
- Advising a publishing company in Italy and drafting of publishing agreements and editing contracts
- Representation of clients in criminal proceedings in connection with personal, property, statutory and financial crimes
- Experience in curatorship
- Counseling for diplomatic missions based in Geneva in respect to the internal audit, lease law matters, labor law and wrongful terminations of contracts